A ‘GREAT P8’ FOR COLIN
COLIN TURKINGTON ON THE LIMIT IN THRUXTON QUALIFYING
- Championship leader Colin Turkington produced another quality performance today at Thruxton, securing P8 for race 1 tomorrow.
- Clocking a lap time significantly faster than 2019, Turkington’s result has highlighted the developments made with the BMW 3 Series.
- The session ran trouble free and under sunny blue skies, despite a brisk breeze blowing across the fastest section of the circuit.
- The P8 qualifying position sees Colin start ahead of his nearest rivals.
- Turkington is pleased with how the day went, admitting he was ‘pushing to the max’.
I was right on the limit out there today in qualifying and that was a great lap time. I think you can appreciate the progress we’ve made with this 3 Series carrying weight when you compare 2019 to now.
I was really happy with the car all day; it was forgiving and compliant. To push to the limits around Thruxton you need that confidence. The team have done a superb job for me. That was the best I’ve felt it at this circuit. Our efforts the past few weeks have been rewarded.
The top 10 was our target today because this circuit has certain characteristics that don’t necessarily favour our cars. The Hondas have an excellent track record here and today was no exception. So taking all things into account, and the success ballast – today a very good day!
Tyre wear is going to be a hot topic in the races and I’m confident if I do my job right, the BMW will look after them well. You need to start the race with a well balanced car, and today we had that. We won’t change much overnight.
LAP TIME: 1m15:717s
Catch all the action LIVE on ITV2 tomorrow Sunday 20th September from 11:10am
BEHIND THE SCENES
Stay social on Colin’s social feeds for extra behind the scenes content from Thruxton.Back to news