UP THE ANTE!
TURKINGTON POISED, AS STAKES SET TO RISE AT SILVERSTONE
SILVERSTONE – ROUNDS 25, 26, 27
- The penultimate event in the 2022 BTCC season gets set to go green this weekend, at the home of British Motorsport – Silverstone Circuit.
- Resuming after a 4-week hiatus, the series moves to the sharp end of the season with only six races remaining to decide the 2022 Champion.
- Four-time champion Colin Turkington currently leads the drivers’ standings with a six-point advantage, but insists he is remaining focused on the process for now.
- The field of BTCC cars will return to the Goodyear Medium compound tyre for Silverstone following the use of the Hard tyre for the previous round at Thruxton – a welcomed return for the Team BMW driver.
- Renowned for its long straights and slip-streaming action, the Silverstone circuit historically delivers memorable title battles when the championship contenders turn up the ante.
- Watch qualifying LIVE online on Saturday from 3:10pm.
- Catch race day LIVE On ITV4 this Sunday from 11am.
- Scroll down to see who will have the most hybrid power.
HEAR FROM COLIN
“I love having Silverstone out my backyard, and there is such a tangible feeling of the “home Grand Prix” for me. It’s an extra motivating touch and has really added to my excitement about competing there in recent years.
My catchphrase for the moment is – Small is big. It’s more important than ever that we cross every T and dot every I moving forwards.
This is the stage of the season when every link of the chain involved in my on-track performance is operating at its highest. Therefore, as a team we must ensure we are doing all the basics to the best of our ability and the rest will flow. It’s easy to get distracted with the big stuff at this end of the season – but trust me – small is big.
It was positive to remain at the top of the standings after the difficulties we had at Thruxton. To retain the lead after a challenging weekend when rivals had their strong one is a good sign.
We’ve moved on from that now and the vibes are confident heading to Silverstone. The small break has been refreshing and I’ve kept myself busy driving anything I can get my hands on! Last year we had the 3 Series in the sweet spot at Silverstone and our potential there was easily the best it’s been in a few years. Qualifying without hybrid will add to the challenge but I’ve got to just ignore that and aim for the stars!
I’m not thinking about the Finale just yet, I want to enjoy this part and simply push on with the process for now.
We’ll see what the story holds come Sunday night. The picture for every contender can change very quickly over this weekend as the pressure builds.”
RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE
9:25pm – Practice
12:05pm – Practice
3:05pm – Qualifying
11:40am – Race 1
2:25pm – Race 2
5:10pm – Race 3
WATCH QUALIFYING LIVE ONLINE FROM 3PM – CLICK HERE
HEAD TO ITV4 ON SUNDAY FROM 11AM FOR RACEDAY ACTION
Colin is top of the standings and so will have 0 seconds of hybrid deployment per lap in qualifying and 7 laps of full hybrid deployment for race 1.
TWO EVENTS – SIX RACES
Less than 3 weeks separate us from finding out who will be crowned the 2022 BTCC champion.
Silverstone – 24/25 September
Brands Hatch GP – 8/9 October
STAY UP TO SPEED ON SOCIALS
Make sure to stay up to speed on social media with lots of behind the scenes content on Colin’s instagram, facebook and twitter.Back to news