TURN UP THE HEAT!
TEMPERATURES SET TO RISE AT SNETTERTON BUT TURKINGTON KEEN TO KEEP IT COOL
ROUNDS 19, 20, 21
- Rounds 19, 20 and 21 of the 2022 BTCC season takes place this weekend, around the longest circuit on the calendar – Snetterton.
- Hearts are still racing from the Knockhill action less than two weeks ago, but expect more of the same as the championship stakes continue to rise.
- Colin Turkington currently sits top of the leader board after his trio of top 4 results last time out, but in typical BTCC fashion the fierce competition are nipping at his heels.
- The Team BMW driver is well experienced dealing with the pressure at this stage of the season and insists he plans to maintain his cool headed approach.
- Temperatures are also set to rise off the track with ambient temperatures forecast to be around 30 degrees, creating blisteringly hot sessions for the BTCC drivers.
- ITV will be continuing their LIVE broadcast of races 1 and 2 on their flagship channel before a switch to ITV4 for the third race of the day.
- Catch all the action from Saturday’s qualifying session LIVE online from 3:15pm and all the race day action LIVE on ITV from 12pm.
Scroll down to see who will have the most and least amount of hybrid deployment!
HEAR FROM COLIN
“Time tends to fly by at this point of the season and it’s important to take each session and each race one step at a time. It will be more important than ever to have the car exactly how I want it for qualifying, as I won’t have any hybrid power available to deploy. This is the penalty for our Knockhill success, so we must keep focussed on delivering our best regardless.
Historically, we’ve had great pace and results around Snetterton, I’ll obviously be doing all I can to continue that trend!
Knockhill was a superb weekend for me, but I hope there’s still more to come. The heat in the car is set to be a challenge again this weekend, and most likely more so than in Scotland. We’ll be working hard in those intense temperatures six times over the two days, so our physical fitness and personal care will play a factor in performance.
We tested at Snetterton in similar conditions in July so this has helped with our preparations. I honestly do enjoy the summer rounds and equally the shift in focus as the intensity builds.
We’re fired up to keep the pressure on but my approach will remain the same.”
9:30am – Morning practice
12:10pm – Afternoon practice
3:20pm – Qualifying
12:08pm – Race 1
2:15pm – Race 2
5:10pm – Race 3
WATCH QUALIFYING LIVE ONLINE FROM 3:15PM – CLICK HERE
HEAD TO ITV ON SUNDAY FROM 12PM FOR RACEDAY ACTION
Colin is top of the standings and so will have 0 seconds of hybrid deployment per lap in qualifying and 2 laps of full hybrid deployment for race 1.
LEADING BY EXAMPLE
Colin made a pledge this season to lead the way and become more sustainable by reducing his carbon footprint. So far this year, he has already removed over 13 tonnes of CO2 via his Earthly Brazil nut concession and tree planting project. Colin will add an additional 500 trees to celebrate his 500th BTCC race start this Sunday at Snetterton.
Follow Colin’s Earthly progress by clicking here.
SECOND HALF ROLLING IN!
The second half of the 2022 BTCC season got underway at Knockhill two weeks ago and will finish up in October around the famous Brands Hatch GP circuit.
- Snetterton – 13/14 August
- Thruxton – 27/28 August
- Silverstone – 24/25 September
- Brands Hatch GP – 8/9 October
STAY UP TO SPEED ON SOCIALS
Make sure to stay up to speed on social media with lots of behind the scenes content on Colin’s instagram, facebook and twitter.Back to news