TURKINGTON TAKES THE WIN
COLIN KEEPS HIS COOL AND CLAIMS CROFT VICTORY ON FRENETIC RACE DAY
- Colin Turkington claimed his 59th BTCC career win on Sunday 19th September with a dazzling lights to flag victory.
- The Team BMW driver recorded three top 7 finishes around the Yorkshire circuit, shooting himself up the leader board to third in the standings.
- It was an action-packed day of door-to-door racing, providing lively and tense entertainment.
- Cool and collected Turkington fought hard to recover from robust moves on track, and was one of the big point scorers of the weekend.
- It’s all hands on deck as the series gets set for Silverstone this weekend with the top 10 shootout planned for qualifying.
- Watch all the action this Sunday LIVE from Colin’s home event from 11am.
What a feeling! The wins get harder and harder to come by in this series. That one was very sweet. What a big effort from my team to turn the BMW around from race 2 to race 3. There was a huge volume of work went into preparing my car to race again, at times it was touch and go. They deserved this win!
I can feel the pressure building up and down the paddock and this is where we thrive. The final stage of the season is like nothing else and we are building our momentum – I am feeling very positive.
We started the day off with a difficult balance but by race 2 had a car capable of winning. It was just unfortunate contact and moves by others that scuppered that plan – I wasn’t even sure if we would get the car over the line to be honest – but I stayed positive and recovered. I realised the car was going to be fast from lap 1 of the final race and my safety car restart gave me the legs to push out the quali laps and break the tow for Gordon (Shedden). It was a perfect race for me and a real shot in the arm!
It’s straight back to work for us all preparing for Silverstone with only days to turn everything around from Croft. Fortunately, it’s my home event, so along with an army of local supporters cheering us on, I’ll be able to stay at my own house! Last year we showed great pace around the National circuit, and I’ll be aiming for that home win again. The ‘top ten shootout’ feature will make a return for qualifying on Saturday too and I really enjoy that extra challenge.
QUALIFYING – P3
RACE 1 – P4
RACE 2 – P7
RACE 3 – P1
Championship position: P3 – 212 points
WATCH IT BACK
- All the build up and race day action
- Click to watch
SEE THE SCENES
- All the team scenes and shots on track.
- Click for gallery
Sat 25th September
Practice 1 – 9:30am
Practice 2 – 12:05pm
Qualifying – 2:40pm
Sun 26th September
Race 1 – 11:30am
Race 2 – 2:20pm
Race 3 – 5:05pm
WATCH QUALIFYING LIVE
WATCH THE RACES LIVE ON ITV4
Catch all the race day action LIVE from Silverstone on ITV4 from 11am
STAY UP TO DATE LIVE FROM THE PADDOCK
Follow all the latest behind the scenes images and videos from the paddock, LIVE throughout the weekend on Colin’s social channels.Back to news