TURKINGTON ON POLE
TEAM BMW’S COLIN TURKINGTON UNLEASHES BLISTERING PACE TO STORM TO P1
- Colin Turkington will start race 1 from pole position tomorrow following a sensational late lap in sweltering conditions at Snetterton circuit.
- The elated Team BMW driver admitted he was genuinely surprised to claim the top spot after how he was feeling with the car in morning practice.
- On clinching his 27th BTCC career pole, Turkington directed the praise to a setup change made by his engineering team just before the session.
- The 30 minute qualifying took place in hot temperatures around a scorched and dusty Snetterton, providing further challenges for the BTCC field.
- Catch all the action LIVE on ITV tomorrow from 12pm.
HEAR FROM COLIN
“Wow, I really wasn’t expecting to be on pole today, especially how I was feeling after free practice. But we shifted the balance with a setup change for that session and honestly, it unlocked another level of pace for my driving style. I’ve felt all season we’ve been missing that next step to give me the extra bit of confidence, but today we found it!”
Since Knockhill, the pressure was on for me to nail it today in qualifying, I had no hybrid. I had to deliver. I’ve put the graft in, so this is a satisfying reward.
“The experience of WSR in these circumstances is second to none, we put on a flawless team performance today in very challenging conditions. The timing of the lap was critical and we made the right moves at the right times.
Tomorrow will be very hot, but that’s all part of the competition – we have to look for opportunities in these times. Tyre management will be important in the races, and this will play a part in results.”
Colin had ZERO hybrid for his qualifying session today but will have two laps of 15 seconds to deploy tomorrow.
WATCH ON TV
Catch races 1 and 2 LIVE on the main ITV channel from 12pm and race 3 LIVE on ITV4.