TURKINGTON CONFIRMED AT TEAM BMW
TURKINGTON CELEBRATES GREEN LIGHT WITH WEST SURREY RACING AS BMW UK CONTINUE SUPPORT
BMW UK HAVE CONFIRMED THEIR SUPPORT TO CONTINUE BACKING TEAM BMW IN THE 2021 BTCC
- 4 time Champion Colin Turkington will remain in the British Touring Car Championship with Team BMW for 2021.
- This will be his 17th year in the series and 14th BTCC campaign with West Surrey Racing.
- The continued BMW UK support allows the 38 year old to mount his attack on the 2021 crown.
- The Team BMW driver is one of the most successful BTCC racing drivers in history, hailed in Autosport’s 75th Anniversary Magazine as one of Motorsport’s ‘Greatest’.
- Turkington will be broadcasting LIVE on Youtube tonight (Wednesday 3rd Feb) at 7.30pm in an exclusive ‘Inside the helmet’ themed conversation with world record holder and adventurer Hannah White.
“The continued support from BMW UK for their Team BMW programme allows WSR and I to launch our 14th BTCC season together.
It’s not always easy to put these campaigns together year on year, but to have done so for 14 years and collected numerous titles along the way, is something I’m incredibly proud of. We’ve grown together throughout this time, sharing a great deal of ambition, respect and trust along the way.
Every year I want to go the extra mile for this team, and every year they do the same for me. It makes me smile that we get to chase our title dreams together for BMW once again, and I feel extremely fortunate to be the torchbearer for them.
What we achieved together last season was phenomenal. The pace of the BMW was blistering and we really were the ones to beat all year. It didn’t have the fairy tale ending we all wanted, but believe it or not you can learn a great deal from defeat, so I’m convinced I will bring an even better package to the table this year.
We have high hopes for the new season and the series is in great shape. The rule tweaks and driver shuffles over the winter have further spiced up the Championship, so I’m certain it will be as exciting as ever!
BTCC 2021 CALENDAR
8/9 May Thruxton
15 /16 May Snetterton (300)
12 /13 June Brands Hatch (Indy)
31 July/1 August Oulton Park
14/15 August Knockhill
28/29 August Thruxton
18/19 September Croft
25/26 September Silverstone (National)
9/10 October Donington Park (National)
23/24 October Brands Hatch (Grand Prix)
2021 RULE CHANGES
A few changes have been made to the BTCC regulations for the new season, most notably with maximum success ballast set to increase from 54kgs to 75kgs. The qualifying format at a few events will change to the shoot-out concept trialled at Snetterton last year, and the option tyre choices will also change.
To read more and fully understand the scheduled changes please click here.
YOUTUBE LIVE TONIGHT
Join Colin and record breaking adventurer Hannah White tonight at 7.30pm, as they discuss the new season and more, in this “Inside the helmet’ themed LIVE conversation on Youtube.Back to news