TOP 6 FOR TURKINGTON
COLIN TURKINGTON PRODUCED A SUPERB PERFORMANCE TO SECURE A P6 START AT DONINGTON PARK
- The BTCC top 10 shootout delivered another exciting qualifying session at Donington Park today (Saturday 9th October).
- Team BMW’s Colin Turkington stormed to a top 2 spot in Q1 securing his place in the second session of the afternoon.
- Q2 saw slightly slowly times and in the end Turkington sealed sixth spot for his race 1 start tomorrow.
- The 4 time champion was delighted with his car and ‘over the moon’ with his own performance.
- Turkington was also the best placed qualifier of the top 5 contenders.
QUALIFYING RESULT: P6
I’m over the moon with that! The car was mega in Q1, absolutely mega. We lost out with a little understeer in Q2 but we’re sure the grip levels on track had changed – feedback from the others confirm this. Honestly, I’m so happy with the car and my performance.
Massive kudos to the team, we delivered a blinder with that result. Fastest of the contenders, we’ll take that as a good day at the office.
When the car is feeling as good as it was out there in qualifying, there’s not much we’re prepared to change for tomorrow. Saying that we’ll look long and hard at what worked and see what we can tinker at.
I’m really looking forward to the races round here, especially when the BMW feels like it did today. There’s no reason why we can’t be challenging for podiums.
FULL CLASSIFICATION FROM Q1 & Q2
WATCH THE ACTION LIVE
Catch all the race day action LIVE on ITV4 tomorrow from 11:25amBack to news