“IT WASN’T OUR DAY”
COLIN TURKINGTON SUFFERS DIFFICULT THRUXTON QUALIFYING
- Colin Turkington will start race 1 from P15 tomorrow following a difficult qualifying session at Thruxton.
- The championship leader looked good in the morning practice sessions but fell short in the afternoon qualifying session.
- The weather was warm and sunny all day around the Hampshire circuit with teams enjoying the stable conditions on the Goodyear hard tyre.
- Turkington admits there was more to come from the car but ultimately today wasn’t his day.
- Catch all the race day action LIVE on ITV4 from 11:15am tomorrow.
HEAR FROM COLIN
“It was difficult from the get-go, I had a few issues throughout the session which threw me out of my rhythm but the bottom line is we just didn’t have the pace. I wasn’t feeling the lateral grip and therefore couldn’t carry the speed as early as I would like and the session just didn’t flow for me. I couldn’t find the groove.
It wasn’t my day but these things can happen, it’s important to box it off and move onto the races tomorrow!
Yes I’m frustrated to be fifteenth but I don’t expect a processional race; there’ll be a lot of opportunity for the taking!
We don’t have the answers at the moment on how to improve for tomorrow but we’ll all be working on that tonight. It’s so easy to be outside the window and things feel very difficult, but at the same time it doesn’t take much to get back into the window again then everything feels sweet again!
Yes things didn’t work out for me today, but tomorrow is where we score the points.”
Colin will line up on the 8th row of the grid tomorrow after a challenging session with his 1m16:167s lap time. The top 17 cars were separated by only one second around the 3 mile circuit.
WATCH LIVE ON TV
Don’t miss a minute of the action LIVE on ITV4 from 11:15am with the first race kicking off at 11:35am and race 3 going green at 5:20pm.
GALLERY FROM QUALIFYING
Look below at the team in action at Thruxton for qualifying.
HOW MUCH HYBRID?
Colin is currently the championship leader, so will have 6 laps of hybrid deployment tomorrow in race 1. That means 10 laps without any hybrid.Back to news