THE COMEBACK KING
TURKINGTON SHINES BRIGHT WITH DOUBLE PODIUM AT CROFT
- Colin Turkington overcame the odds to deliver an exceptional performance over the weekend at Croft.
- Storming to pole position on Saturday, the Team BMW driver went on to score 43 points with a double podium and 6th place finish.
- Despite still recovering from his heavy impact two weeks prior, Turkington put on a masterclass in resilience and resolve.
- Colin’s fantastic results have thrust him up to third place in the championship standings only 12 points off the top spot.
- Fifty percent of the 2022 season is now complete, with the next event taking place in over a month’s time at Knockhill in Scotland.
HEAR FROM COLIN
“What a weekend and what a journey we’ve been on! Every setback creates an opportunity for a comeback, but considering how I felt on Friday night I couldn’t have imagined such a points haul!
Any time you get two podiums in a day is very good, but I’m even more pleased with finishing sixth in Race Three from 10th on the grid – the 10 points is a bonus. I’ve got over 40 points this weekend – not bad, not bad at all!
Qualifying on pole was the highlight of the weekend without a doubt. We overcame the obvious and unexpected hurdles to deliver that result, and nobody was more delighted to have their mojo back than me!
Obviously, I’d love to have won a race for many reasons, but we didn’t quite have that next level of performance needed to do that here. We played to our strengths and closed in quite a lot on the championship lead, and that’s the big takeaway. We should be very proud of our achievements as a team.
Physically I feel okay. Adrenaline gets you through an awful lot in a racing car, but I’m pleased I have more than a month to the next round to be back at 100 per cent. I feel we are properly in the fight now, it’s game on!”
Read the report by clicking here!
Race 1: P2
Race 2: P3
Race 3: P6
WATCH IT BACK!
Missed any of the TV coverage over the weekend? Watch it all back as it happened on the ITV hub by clicking here!
The first half of the 2022 season is now complete. Next up is Knockhill at the end of July.Back to news