THE CHAMPIONSHIP DECIDER
“FRESH HEAD, MAXIMUM ATTACK” THE AIM FOR TURKINGTON, AS BRANDS HATCH GETS SET FOR SENSATIONAL SEASON FINALE
- The BTCC 2022 season gets set to come to a nail-biting climax this weekend, as Brands Hatch prepares to host one of the most hotly anticipated motorsport championship finales.
- Returning to the Kent circuit for the second time this year, the BTCC field will this time race around the exhilarating Grand Prix layout, in the three-race event set to decide the 2022 Champion.
- 67 points are up for grabs throughout the weekend with four-time champion Colin Turkington 27 off the top.
- 4 drivers are in contention for the coveted prize, all arriving to Brands Hatch with equal desires to win but varying levels of Hybrid deployment for qualifying and race 1.
- Expect an edge-of-your-seat race day as a whole year of work, sacrifice and dedication all comes down to one weekend.
- “I’ve got everything to gain”, claims Team BMW’s Turkington as he prepares for his 10th consecutive finale in contention for the crown.
- The Four-time champion will begin with the most hybrid deployment of the championship contenders; scroll down to see the rest of the allocation.
- Watch qualifying LIVE online this Saturday from 3:35pm.
- Catch race day LIVE On Sunday from 10am – ITV4.
HEAR FROM COLIN
As much as Silverstone hurt, it was important for me to quickly process it and move on. I’m going into Brands with a positive mindset and determined to do my best.
The season finale is like no other weekend and this time with so many in contention, I expect it to be off the scale. That ’s an opportunity right there.
I’ve got to just get my head down and make the most of what I’ve got. At this stage that’s a chance at winning, but that’s all I need to keep me focused on delivering my best. The strategy for me as 4th in the standings is really simple – drive as hard and as fast as I can – let’s aim towards the 67 points and see where it gets me. I’ve got nothing to lose!
The resurfacing on the Indy track really helped us earlier in the year and the 3 Series is perfectly suited to the GP loop – I’m excited about our potential.
I have to look at the finale as an isolated event. It requires a fresh head, maximum attack, and a personal best performance – that’s the aim.
I’m not interested in the probability or the odds of my chances, I’m only interested in that I have a chance.
I’ve been drowning out the noise and I’m just getting stuck into my own preparations. I’ve got everything to gain and that’s worth working for!
When you think of it, the whole year’s work comes down to this one weekend! We’ve put in so much already and that investment makes us more determined than ever. We’ll push as hard as we can until the end – it’s far from over!
RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE
9:30am – FP1
12:05pm – FP2
3:40pm – Qualifying
11:30am – Race 1
2:30pm – Race2
5:30pm – Race 3
WATCH THE LIVE ACTION
Catch all the action LIVE as it happens this weekend.
You can catch all the qualifying action LIVE on Saturday from 3:35pm online.
WATCH QUALIFYING LIVE! CLICK HERE ON SATURDAY FROM 3PM
Watch all the race day buildup and action LIVE on ITV4 from 10am.
WILL HYBRID HELP COLIN?
Colin is 4th in the standings and so will have 4.5 seconds of hybrid deployment per lap in qualifying and 8 laps out of 15 with full hybrid deployment for race 1 on Sunday. After painful difficulties at Silverstone, let’s hope the Hybrid power can help Colin at Brands Hatch.
POINTS MAKE PRIZES
There are a maximum of 67 points on offer this weekend. One point is awarded to the pole sitter and also to the driver who sets the fastest lap in each race. A point is also awarded if a driver leads a lap in a race.
20 points are awarded for a race win, 17 for second place, 15 for third, 13 for fourth, 11 for fifth, 10 for sixth, 9 for seventh, and so on until 15th position who will receive one championship point.
SUCCESS SO FAR
Re-cap on the previous events by clicking below!
Rounds 1, 2, 3 – Donington Park
Rounds 4, 5, 6 – Brands Hatch Indy
Rounds 7, 8, 9 – Thruxton
Rounds 10, 11, 12 – Oulton Park
Rounds 13, 14, 15 – Croft
Rounds 16, 17, 18 – Knockhill
Rounds 19, 20, 21 – Snetterton
A POSITIVE CHANGE
This year, Colin made a pledge to become Climate Positive. So far, he has removed over 18 tonnes of CO2 and planted an additional 1361 trees through his EARTHLY project.
Click below to see more of what he has contributed this season!
STAY UP TO SPEED ON SOCIALS
Make sure to stay up to speed on social media with lots of behind the scenes content on Colin’s instagram, facebook and twitter.Back to news