POLE POSITION FOR TURKINGTON
TEAM BMW’S COLIN TURKINGTON BLASTS HIS WAY TO THE TOP OF THE TIMESHEETS AT KNOCKHILL
- Colin Turkington secured pole position today, in an ultra-close Knockhill qualifying session.
- Claiming the top spot in a fiercely fought 30 minute session, Team BMW’s 4 time champ recorded a time of 50:836s, just over a tenth faster than his nearest competitor.
- Twenty six cars lapped within one second of each other around the dry and bright Scottish circuit.
- This result marked the 24th BTCC career pole for the Northern Irishman.
- Turkington collected one point for his efforts, insisting his threw it all on the line for the lap.
It’s a such a great feeling! Given our lack of success ballast I knew I had to deliver the goods today. I thought we could be on the front couple of rows but you just never know these days, because everyone is fast.
It’s not been for the lack of trying that we haven’t been at the front lately but it’s made today’s result feel all the sweeter. Knockhill is always a circuit I enjoy coming to, I’m so pleased for the team. There was nothing left, I threw it all on the line to deliver that lap.
We nudged the car in the right direction all day, and released the speed when it mattered for qualifying.
I’m confident with the car underneath me and I think we can do well with it tomorrow. Big credit to Team BMW for their commitment and passion today. I need to score some big points this weekend, and our attention shifts to race day now.
Colin was just over one tenth faster than second position, and the top twenty six cars all recorded a lap within one second of each other.
Catch all the race day action tomorrow LIVE on ITV4 from 11:15am
Stay up to date with all the action from the Knockhill paddock on Colin’s social media feeds.Back to news