MAKE IT COUNT
SUMMER SEASON CONTINUES AT THRUXTON AS TURKINGTON PLANS TO PUSH ON WITH PROGRESS
ROUNDS 22, 23, 24
- BTCC Championship leader returns to the hot seat as rounds 22, 23, 24 take place around Hampshire’s Thruxton circuit this weekend.
- The Team BMW driver produced a near perfect set of results at Snetterton last time out increasing his championship lead to 15 points.
- Colin also notched up a landmark 500th BTCC race start and acknowledged this milestone by planting an additional 500 trees into his 2022 climate positive campaign.
- Thruxton will see the return of the Goodyear HARD compound tyre only used at this circuit.
- Turkington feels the team have recently taken a step forward with his 3 Series BMW at a “critical point” and aims to make this count.
HEAR FROM COLIN
“It’s crucial we keep the momentum going and push on with the progress we made at Snetterton. There are still 9 races to go and that’s a lot of opportunity for the taking. You don’t often unlock something at this stage of the season and it’s up to me to make it count. We worked so hard to improve the setup for me at Snetterton, I’ll be throwing everything I have into ensuring we maximise it.
The hard tyre has always been more a challenge for us, so the pressure is on to remain at the sharp end. Thruxton is high speed with long fast turns. If you have the car hooked up, drivers can make a difference – that’s what we’re aiming for.
The motivation internally is fantastic right now and we’ll be using this to maintain our high standards and hold onto the edge we have as a team.
I’ve loved this flow of events every two weeks and I’m pulling out all the stops to close off the summer spell with more positive steps forward.”
Practice – 9:30
Practice – 12:05pm
Qualifying – 3:25pm
Race 1 – 11:45am
Race 2 – 2:35pm
Race 3 – 5:20pm
WATCH QUALIFYING LIVE ONLINE FROM 3:20PM – CLICK HERE
HEAD TO ITV4 ON SUNDAY FROM 11:15AM FOR RACEDAY ACTION
Colin is top of the standings and so will have 0 seconds of hybrid deployment per lap in qualifying and 6 laps of full hybrid deployment for race 1.
TREE IS THE MAGIC NUMBER!
Colin made a pledge this season to lead the way and become more sustainable by reducing his carbon footprint. So far this year, he has already removed over 16 tonnes of CO2 via his Earthly Brazil nut concession and tree planting project. To mark his 500th BTCC start Colin planted an additional 500 trees to bolster his climate positive campaign. This was supplemented by his 2 race wins, each tallying 100 trees each! This brought his Snetterton tree count up to 754!
WAY TO GO!
Follow Colin’s Earthly progress by clicking here.
NINE MORE TO GO!
Three more race weekends remain!
Thruxton – 27/28 August
Silverstone – 24/25 September
Brands Hatch GP – 8/9 October
STAY UP TO SPEED ON SOCIALS
Make sure to stay up to speed on social media with lots of behind the scenes content on Colin’s instagram, facebook and twitter.Back to news