TURKINGTON TAKES CHAMPIONSHIP BLOW IN CHAOTIC RACE DAY DRAMA
- It was a bruising day for Team BMW’s Colin Turkington yesterday at Knockhill (Sunday 13th August) picking up only 5 points from 3 races.
- The 4-time champ qualified on the 4th row for the opening race, but double-stacking for the Team in the pitstop to wets, left him over a lap behind the pack.
- Despite a determined fight-back in the crazy drama that unfolded ahead of him, Turkington could only recover to 11th position.
- Unfortunate contact forcing Colin to retire in the gravel in race 2 ended any chances of a recovery day and treacherous conditions in race 3 made moving forwards extremely difficult.
- Colin now sits 4th in the standings with nine races still to come.
HEAR FROM COLIN
“I can’t even begin to express how disappointed I am from race day, and it feels like a bad dream. Qualifying was tricky but we had great potential from our 4th row start for race 1. Unfortunately, from the pitstop for wets, my day soon evolved into a nightmare as I exited the pits over a lap behind the pack.
I was hopeful we could carve our way back through the field throughout the day and recover, points-wise, but contact by others soon ended my chances of turning things around.
Knockhill delivered a blockbuster of entertainment with unpredictable weather and drama, but unfortunately it wasn’t any fun from my seat. Taking a blow like this is never easy, but we’ll regroup and ensure we come back fighting at Donington.”
Race 1: P11
Race 2: DNF
Race 3: P17
WATCH BACK THE CRAZY ACTION FROM KNOCKHILL
Knockhill delivered a day like no other, with extreme weather and non-stop on track action. Click below to watch back on ITVx.Back to news