‘HAPPY CAMPER’ COLIN DELIGHTED WITH NEW MOTORHOME
LUXURY 6-BERTH HOME-ON-WHEELS DELIVERED TO 4 TIME CHAMP
- Colin Turkington received a new set of wheels last week, just in time for the start of his 2023 motorsport season.
- Turkington set off to his first BTCC test in a stunning 6-berth Struans Leisure Motorhome, a new addition for the Team BMW driver this season.
- The leisure vehicle market has enjoyed a boom in popularity recently, also clearly visible in motorsport paddocks up and down the country.
- Having previously stayed in hotels and B&B’s near the race circuit, Colin was keen to enhance his BTCC experience this season and stay on site.
- This new Struans Leisure motorhome will provide him with a ‘home from home’ environment and reduce the time spent travelling to and from events on race weekends.
TIME IS PRECIOUS
Eager to get his first BTCC camping weekend under his belt, Turkington expressed the value of time over these extremely busy events and how important it will be to remove travel from his schedule.
“The BTCC race weekends get busier and busier every year and I’m always trying to find new ways to get more out of myself. Usually, I would have 1-2 hours per day locked out of my schedule for travel time getting to and from my accommodation.”
By having the motorhome at the circuit, I effectively win time back! This will be so important for my energies and will allow me to step into a soothing and homely environment in the midst of the chaos.
“We used to do a lot of caravanning with the kids when they were small, and were definitely happy campers! Life is looking so busy for all of us this year but I’m really looking forward to enjoying new adventures and making new memories with them in the motorhome when we can.”
SHARING THE JOURNEY
Craig Mackenzie from Struans Leisure emphasizes the growth in the leisure vehicle market and is excited to share the journey with the family orientated multiple Champion,
“Struans Leisure are delighted to provide Colin Turkington with a 6 berth Motorhome for this coming season.”
It is our pleasure to give him a home-from-home environment to relax and unwind in after a busy day on the track. We’re sure our luxury 6 berth Motorhome will be perfect for his needs.
“Struans are a reputable family company and have been in the motor trade for over 40 years in Perth and Dundee. With our more recent Leisure Department growing and developing over the last few years, we are always looking out for new and exciting opportunities for our brand. Supporting Colin this season is an opportunity that we as a group are thrilled to engage in and look forward to partner him on his 2023 British Touring Car Championship journey.”
Colin and his BMW team have just a few more test days left before the 2023 BTCC season commences at Donington Park on 22nd and 23rd April. The new season will officially launch at Brands Hatch on April 12th.
Find out more at www.btcc.net
Struans Leisure is a local family Motorhome sale and hire business committed to providing the best service to customers. Parent company Struans began over 40 years ago from humble beginnings in Scotland to become one of the most popular places for car buyers and renters with award winning dealerships.
Find out more at www.struansleisure.com/Back to news