FULL STEAM AHEAD!
BTCC BACK ON ITV AS TURKINGTON PLANS TO PUSH HARD TO THE HALFWAY POINT
OULTON PARK – ROUNDS 10, 11, 12
- The 4th event of the 2022 BTCC season gets underway this weekend as rounds 10, 11 and 12 take place around the beautiful Cheshire circuit – Oulton Park.
- Scheduled to be broadcast LIVE on ITV once more on Sunday, the BTCC action will be back on the flagship channel for the second time this season following it’s Brands Hatch debut.
- Known as one of the family favourite venues, Oulton Park has also been the scene for edge-of-your-seat touring car battles.
- Colin Turkington shot up to 3rd place in the Championship standings with his race 3 podium at Thruxton and insists he’s ready to give it everything to reach the halfway point.
- Expect the hybrid power to play more of a factor this time as slow speed corners and elevation changes impact on lap time.
- Scroll down to see who will have the most and least amount of hybrid deployment based on championship standings for qualifying and race 1.
- Get planning your Sunday with the ITV broadcast starting at 12:10pm just before race 1 at 12:20pm!
“I’m looking forward to getting out on track this weekend and I’m hopeful we can deliver the goods like we’ve done in the past.
Oulton is a technical circuit for the driver but a track I’ve been able to tune into, find the flow and extract the maximum from my car.
The high-speed corners and elevation changes are standout characteristics of Oulton Park. I think this will bring the quantity of hybrid deployment into play more than what we saw at Thruxton. Everyone is keen to shine and there’ll be no holding back.
I’ve only got a little bit of hybrid deployment to play with for qualifying, three seconds is not a lot of time, but I’d far rather have 3 seconds than none at all.
The next four circuits are certainly four of my favourites, and it’s important I draw on that to find even a little bit more than the others. I want to hit the halfway mark with satisfaction I’ve given everything with my performances.
You must continuously up-your-game in this series, and that means digging deeper every time out. It’s fierce but familiar to me, and I’m ready to keep that hard push going for the next few weeks until the mid-season break.”
OULTON PARK SCHEDULE
Free Practice 1: 9:45am
Free Practice 2: 12:25pm
Race 1: 12:20pm
Race 2: 2:25pm
Race 3: 5:10pm
- The BTCC field will be back onto the Goodyear Medium compound for the next four events after running the HARD tyre at Thruxton.
- Last week, the BTCC organisers announced the 2023 calendar making a visit to Donington Park twice, once on the National layout and another on the GP.
- Colin will be making an appearance at Goodwood Festival of Speed with BMW on Thursday 23rd June.
- After Oulton Park, the series heads North to Croft to round off the first half of the 2022 seaso
BTCC CALENDAR 2023
SEASON OPENER: Donington Park National – 22nd & 23rd April
2. Brands Hatch Indy – 6th & 7th May
3. Snetterton – 20th & 21st May
4. Thruxton – 3rd & 4th June
5. Oulton Park – 17th & 18th June
6. Croft – 29th & 30th July
7. Knockhill – 12th & 13th August
8. Donington Park GP – 26th & 27th August
9. Silverstone National – 23rd & 24th September
SEASON FINALE: Brands Hatch GP – 7th & 8th October
WATCH LIVE ON ITV
Following Brands Hatch’s hugely successful appearance on ITV, the BTCC is back on the flagship channel ITV for races 1 and 2 this Sunday at Oulton Park! Coverage for race 3 will return to the usual home of BTCC – ITV4 from 3:10pm.
WATCH THE RACES LIVE ON TV!
LIVE ON ITV FROM 12:10PM AND ITV4 FROM 3:10PM!
HEM IN ACTION
Colin currently sits third in the Championship and so will have 3 seconds of hybrid deployment per lap in qualifying on Saturday and 7 laps of hybrid deployment in race 1 on Sunday.
SO FAR, SO GOOD!
Colin has celebrated a podium finish at each of the three events so far this season. Re-cap on the previous events by clicking below!
COLIN’S CLIMATE MISSION
Colin is continuing his carbon removal project with Earthly and has so far removed 8.72 tonnes of CO2 this season. He is also planting 18 trees for every race start and 100 trees for every win.
Follow Colin’s EARTHLY progress by clicking here
Next up, are four of Colin’s favourite circuits.
June 11/12 – Oulton Park
June 25/26 – Croft
July 30/31 – Knockhill
August 13 / 14 – Snetterton
For your chance to win competitions, get behind the scenes content and stay in the loop, keep the connection on social media over the Oulton Park race weekend.Back to news