FRONT ROW FOR TURKINGTON
COLIN TURKINGTON STORMS TO P2 AT DONINGTON PARK
- Colin Turkington will start race 1 of the 2022 BTCC season from the front row tomorrow following a superb qualifying session today.
- The Team BMW driver left it late, but stormed from P7 to P2 in the final stages, just 0.018s off top spot.
- This was the first time the BTCC grid have qualified with the new Cosworth Hybrid system.
- One second separated the top 19 drivers in what shaped up to be a very close competition.
- ‘We’re looking good but it was busy out there,” claims the 4-time Champion after the 30 minute session.
- Catch all the action LIVE on ITV4 from 10:55am tomorrow.
We’re looking good and it’s all set up nicely for tomorrow! The front row is where you want to be but to be honest I wasn’t sure where we would get to today. Everyone is fast!
It was a busy session out on track today. We’re not just driving the car now, we’re thinking about hybrid, traffic and plenty of others things in the mix too. It’s a challenge but that’s what we love.
It’s great that we start the season at the sharp end of the grid and today was a super result for the Team. Hat’s off to Jake, he’s fast, but that’s good, that’s what we need a team. We need to be pushing each other on. I’m feeling confident with the car, so let’s see what tomorrow brings.
WATCH LIVE ON ITV4
Catch all the action LIVE on ITV4 tomorrow Sunday 24th April from 10:55am
Keep up to date with Colin on social media to get a look behind the scenes and live updates as they happen.Back to news