DOUBLE WIN ON DREAM DAY
TURKINGTON’S IMMACULATE PERFORMANCE INCREASES CHAMPIONSHIP LEAD AT SNETTERTON
SNETTERTON – ROUNDS 19, 20, 21
- Colin Turkington produced a flawless performance over the weekend, securing a double victory at Snetterton to increase his lead at the head of the championship.
- The dominant display by the Team BMW driver was unrivalled, claiming pole position, two wins, two fastest laps and a 6th place finish.
- His impressive haul of 55 points from the three races made him the highest scorer of the weekend.
- The 4-time champion hailed the effort of his team, insisting the experience and expertise of his WSR crew as crucial to his results.
- Snetterton was simmering in highly challenging temperatures throughout the two days, with the cockpits of BTCC cars reaching between 60 and 70 degrees.
- 21 of 30 races are now complete, with rounds 22, 23 and 24 taking place in less than two weeks time at Thruxton.
- Re-watch all three races on the ITV hub now!
HEAR FROM COLIN
“It was a dream weekend and looking back, even better than I could have predicted. But these results haven’t come by chance, we’re working hard in every department; and we’re pushing the envelope everywhere. To do well in this championship you have to be on top of your game and you get a real sense from everyone in the team that they want to be the best – this is powerful!”
“The best bit of the weekend was having the pace to win from pole – up until this point we’ve been lacking that final ingredient to challenge for the top step. I think you can see we’ve unlocked something from the car here that allows me to just do my job, and over everything that’s definitely the huge positive to take away.”
I don’t think we’ll have as challenging a race day ever again, those temperatures combined with the tight schedule was really tough. I came off the podium from race 1 only to have 45 minutes before I needed to be back in the car for race 2!
“There were fresh challenges coming at us all from many angles throughout the weekend, but as a team we performed to our maximum. It’s the combined experience, enthusiasm and expertise of the whole team which ensured we never dropped the ball. That’s what it takes.”
“Just over 10 days before we head to Thruxton, so it’s important we recover keep working smart to bring another fast and reliable package to the party. There’s still a long way to go!”
Qualifying – POLE POSITION
Race 1 – P1 + fastest lap
Race 2 – P1 + fastest lap
Race 3 – P6
Championship – P1 – 282
WATCH THE ACTION BACK!
Did you miss the race day TV coverage shown LIVE on ITV?
Watch it all back on the ITV player by clicking here
Next up is the second visit to Thruxton on August 27th / 28th for the 22nd, 23rd and 24th races of the 2022 season.Back to news