“DECENT DAY” AT DONINGTON
CONSISTENT RESULTS KEEP COLIN AT THE SHARP END
- Colin Turkington enjoyed a consistent weekend at Donington Park (26th and 27th August) remaining at the sharp end, but just shy of the podium.
- The 4-time Champ set up his Sunday with a 4th place finish in qualifying on Saturday, before going on to record 4th, 5th and 6th place results in the races.
- The GP loop of the Derby circuit provided a new challenge for the drivers and also a great spectacle for fans, enjoying closer-than-ever viewing at the all-action hairpin.
- Team BMW’s Turkington produced a thrilling final performance in a frenetic race-long battle, one that saw him move up and down the order more than he can recall!
- This consistent collection of results sees Colin keep his 4th place position in the overall standings, but with only two events (6 races) left of the 2023 season, his target moves to a top 3 finish.
HEAR FROM COLIN
Overall it was a decent day and the pace I had in each race, was the pace I had. Race 1 started so wet, and we were looking strong in the early stages but as the rain stopped and the circuit dried, everything became more difficult.
We were all reasonably matched at the front in the second one so it wasn’t easy to make progress but the punchy package we had in race three was the best the car has felt all weekend.
So much went on… I’d gain a spot, lose two, then gain some back! There were great battles and I had the pace to push on. We made progress all day but we just need this attacking car from the get-go.
A positive weekend to reflect on, I’m satisfied in my performance and grateful to get back to the consistency of before. Realistically, the target now is to enjoy this run-in to the finale and a top 3 finish in the standings.
Race 1: P5
Race 2: P4
Race 3: P6
Championship position: P4
WATCH BACK THAT THRILLING THIRD RACE BATTLE
Head to ITVx and re-watch the thrilling battle with places being swapped faster than you can count!Back to news