BMW BACK ON TRACK
TEAM BMW RETURN TO THE TRACK IN PRE-SEASON TESTING AT SNETTERTON
- Colin Turkington returned to the seat of his BMW 3 Series today as the BTCC pre-season testing commenced following the Corona Virus lockdown.
- Team BMW fielded a two car team at Snetterton with COVID precautions in place.
- 26 cars took to the track as preparations for the new 2020 season got underway.
- Rain set in for the afternoon session providing some wet and dry running around the Norfolk circuit.
“It felt great to get back in the car, have some seat time and turn some laps!
Today was important in getting a feel for the speed and grip again and I felt comfortable in the car.
It was so good to be back interacting with the team again; you know the last time I saw everyone was at media day in March!
Reuniting the Team BMW family was a good feeling and a big boost for us all.
There’s a real hunger to go racing!”
- Circuits reopened at the beginning of June for test and track days.
- Colin has clocked up over 6 days of pre-season driving at kart circuits and MSV track days in that time.
- The 4 time BTCC Champion feels sharp and ready to get back to business.
Head to Colin’s social media feeds for some behind the scenes clips and videos from the day’s action.
TWO CAR TEAM
Team BMW will commence the season as a two car team following the departure of team mate Andrew Jordan last week.
PODCAST WITH COLIN
Click here to listen to an in depth chat Colin had with BTCC.net during the lockdown about how he’s feeling heading into this new delayed season.Back to news