“WE WILL BOUNCE BACK FROM THE SET BACK” TURKINGTON
COLIN LOOKS AHEAD TO KNOCKHILL AS HE AIMS TO PLAY HIMSELF BACK INTO THE TITLE FIGHT
- The next instalment of the BTCC season takes place this weekend 14th / 15th August at Knockhill, Scotland.
- This event will mark the half-way point of the 2021 calendar, hosting rounds 13, 14 and 15.
- The Goodyear soft compound tyre will be used in two of Sunday’s three races.
- The title fight was blown wide open last time out, with more drivers than ever within reach of the top spot.
- Team BMW’s Colin Turkington sits 9th, poised to regain lost ground.
- With 18 races still to go, the 4-time Champion seeks to take advantage of his championship position and play his way back into the title fight.
- Colin gives an insight into mental health in the latest instalment from his health series.
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING AHEAD OF KNOCKHILL?
I go to Knockhill with less success ballast than I can ever remember. It’s key I exploit this and take advantage of the championship position I’ve found myself in. We’ve seen before with this series how you can play your way back into contention, and this is the script we must aim to follow. It’s certainly not going to be easy, the cars are so evenly matched on lap time this season, but we will bounce back from this set back.
DOES YOUR APPROACH CHANGE NOW?
I’ve spent years and endless energy fine tuning my preparation and how I approach a race weekend. I’m always adjusting and trying to improve whether things are going well or not. Setbacks can easily lead to self doubt so it’s important we focus on our strengths and keep the faith in our systems. There are still 18 races to run and that’s a lot of action incoming over the next couple of months!
WHAT IS IT THAT YOU LOVE SO MUCH ABOUT KNOCKHILL?
Knockhill is such a quirky circuit and you are always on the attack! The driver needs a lot of confidence in the car and bravery by the bucket load. It’s such a busy time in the car for us, but there’s just something about the intensity of the lap and the intensity of a race that I love. Historically the BMW has achieved great results here, I hope we can continue this tradition on Sunday.
9:30am Practice 1
12:05pm Practice 2
11:45am Race 1
2:40pm Race 2
5:25pm Race 3
LIVE ON ITV4 FROM 11:15AM
GOODYEAR TYRE CHOICES
Knockhill has a slightly different tyre option for the BTCC teams and drivers this season. The SOFT tyres will be used in TWO of Sunday’s races, and the MEDIUM (standard) compound used in only ONE race.
STAY UP TO DATE LIVE FROM THE PADDOCK
Follow all the latest behind the scenes images and videos from the paddock, LIVE throughout the weekend on Colin’s social channels.
HEADS I WIN, TAILS YOU LOSE
Colin was recently confirmed as a health ambassador for Nordiq Nutrition UK. In a season long series to support this, Colin will reveal and explain various aspects of his health that impact his professional and personal life.
The fourth episode in this series is MENTAL health.Back to news