2023 BTCC TAKES FLIGHT
DAMP DONINGTON SERVES UP A THRILLER AS TURKINGTON BATTLES THROUGH
ROUNDS 1, 2, 3
- Colin Turkington had to fend off some robust opponents and the inclement weather to make the best of a challenging opening weekend (22/23 April)
- The 4-time champion opened his 2023 BTCC account with three points finishes.
- Pushed off track at Old Hairpin in Race 1, Colin fell from 2nd to 17th before recovering to finish 12th
- Races 2 and 3 saw Colin in the thick of the action at the front
- Despite the wet weather BTCC fans descended on Donington Park in their droves to welcome in a new season
HEAR FROM COLIN
It was quite a difficult day. I was nerfed off on the first lap of Race One and lost a lot of ground that was really difficult to recover from. The rest of the day was really about trying to make up for that.
We made the change to the wet tyres in Race Two just about early enough that we could still recover a good result and then Race Three sort of saved the day for me.
We were hanging on a bit with the tyres at the end, but points-wise fifth was okay.
We didn’t get the BMW into the performance window that I needed, but we’ve scored a decent number of points in changing levels of wet and we’ll move on to Brands Hatch looking for a lot more.
Race 1: P12
Race 2: P8
Race 3: P5
CHAMPIONSHIP POSITION: P6
WATCH BACK THE ACTION
Watch back the drama unfold on the ITV hub by clicking here!
Have a look through the season opener in the gallery below!
The BTCC heads to Brands Hatch Indy for rounds 4, 5, 6 on Sunday 7th May.Back to news