TURKINGTON TOPS TEST #2
COLIN TURKINGTON THE MAN TO MATCH AT SECOND PRE-SEASON TEST
- The second official BTCC pre-season test test took place yesterday at Croft circuit, with Team BMW’s Colin Turkington top of the times once again.
- Dipping under the lap record with a 1m21:497s, Turkington’s morning time set the bar for the rest of the day, remaining unbeaten throughout the two test sessions.
- This was the second day of testing for the Team BMW squad with their new-for-2022 Cosworth developed hybrid system.
- Turkington recorded an impressive 92 laps with his BMW 330e M Sport, the second most laps of the 22 cars on track.
- The 4 time champ commended the team for their winter work on the 3 Series but insisted the lap times didn’t come easy.
Driving at Croft is a challenge at the best of times, but adding in the extra speed and operations of the hybrid system makes it even more so.
We showed flashes of pace throughout the day, but the lap time definitely didn’t come easy.
WSR put in the graft throughout the winter to improve the package from last year but we won’t get a clear picture of where we really are at until qualifying at Donington Park at the end of this month.
These pre-season tests are crucial for familiarisation with the new system and getting everyone up to speed with new operations, procedures and protocols. The first race weekend will be here in a flash so it’s important we continue to be efficient with our time and make the right decisions in our testing programme.
STAY UP TO DATE ON SOCIALS
Keep yourself up to date on social content from Colin via Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram.Back to news