SECOND ROW FOR TURKINGTON
COLIN TURKINGTON STORMS TO P3 IN DISRUPTED CROFT QUALIFYING
- Colin Turkington will start race 1 from the second row after a superb session in qualifying at Croft.
- The Team BMW driver was outside the top 10 in morning practice but saved the best for when it mattered.
- It was tight at the top with Colin narrowly missing out on pole despite holding the position for the first two thirds of the session.
- It was a dry, warm and bright day at the North Yorkshire circuit but rain is forecast for race day.
- Turkington was chirpy following his performance and insisted the potential for race day was exciting regardless of the weather.
I’m really pleased with the second row, and P3 is a great place to be! We improved the car throughout practice and I extracted the maximum. It was a pretty disruptive session with the two red flags but we came out well!
The vibes are good within our squad. We saved our best for when it mattered today and I’m in a great place to strike!
The big conversation today was the potential change of weather tomorrow. The grip here is so good that wet-to-dry the lap times are only about 4 seconds apart and the setup differences aren’t a big a shift. If you have a good car today in the dry, you should have a good car tomorrow in the wet. I’m feeling confident either way it goes.
I’m not under any pressure to score big, I just need to chip away at Ash and out score the others over the next 9 races.
Like I said, we are in a great place to strike and nobody ever runs away with it in this series. It’s all still to play for and we’re here to win!
WATCH THE ACTION LIVE
Catch all the race day action LIVE on ITV4 from 11:35amBack to news