BRANDS HATCH QUALIFYING REPORT
TURKINGTON TAKES POLE POSITION
- Colin Turkington will start race 1 tomorrow at Brands Hatch Indy from pole position, following a sensational performance in qualifying.
- The Team BMW driver dominated the 30 minute session as the 1.2 mile Indy circuit soaked up the blistering sunshine.
- Turkington showed great pace all morning throughout practice but saved the best for when it mattered in the afternoon clocking up his 25th BTCC career pole.
- It finished a BMW 1-2-3-4 as another three BMW 330e race cars of Hill, Jelley and Morgan completed the top 4.
- Turkington has attributed the pace from the BMW’s down to the resurfacing at Graham Hill.
- Catch all the action LIVE on ITV4 from 11am and on the main flagship channel ITV from 2pm.
“We chipped away at the balance and improved it all day. You’re obviously putting your best foot forward in terms of engineering but there‘s no guarantee the car’s going to be fast.
And then its just about doing the lap time, trying not to push too hard, trying to let it flow.”
Coming to Brands Hatch, we always knew it would be close but I think whats really helped us has been the resurfacing. In particular Graham Hill; that has taken away one of our weak corners from before.
I think the most important thing is not to overdrive it. Anytime you go fast, you just expect someone else to go faster – I had a good lap time but I was out there searching for more.
When you’ve got the grip and the lap times are coming you’ve got to just not overcook it. I think we just got the balance right today.
WATCH LIVE ON ITV4 AND ITV
Catch all the action tomorrow LIVE on ITV4 from 11am and then switch to ITV at 2pm for races 2 and 3Back to news