BRANDS HATCH QUALIFYING
QUALIFYING REPORT FOR THE SEASON FINALE AT BRANDS HATCH GP
- Colin Turkington will start from 8th place tomorrow following a tense qualifying session at Brands Hatch.
- A sensational lap on his second run in the session, lit up the time sheets to launch the 4-time champ right up the leaderboard.
- So tight were the times in the end, Turkington’s 8th place lap was only 0:172s off pole position.
- The circuit stayed dry and bright all day with a great crowd present, but temperatures were still just marginally above 10 degrees.
- Turkington’s result in qualifying today was enough to secure him the Goodyear Wingfoot award for the second consecutive season.
- “We should be proud, we made all the right moves,” insists Turkington ahead of the all important race day tomorrow.
Wow, what a close session! I couldn’t be more satisfied with that. The car was mint, I got everything from it and a super tow from Steve on my second run was crucial. We made all the right moves today, we should be proud.
That was arguably the most important qualifying session of the year and we delivered. I am so so pleased with my performance, to be the fastest BMW on track is a great result. I have to thank Stephen for giving me the tow in that second run. It bumped me up a good few positions and that will be crucial tomorrow.
The car really was pitch perfect out there, and the decisions we made between FP2 and the quali session were spot on. It’s not always easy to get these things right when carrying the weight.
WATCH THE RACES LIVE TOMORROW
Catch all the action LIVE On ITV4 from 10:45am tomorrow – Sunday 24th October.Back to news