COLIN READY FOR CROFT
COLIN TURKINGTON RETURNS TO BTCC ACTION
CROFT – ROUNDS 13, 14, 15
- The 5th event in the 2022 BTCC calendar takes place this weekend 25th / 26th June at Croft circuit in North Yorkshire.
- Making his return to the track is 4 x BTCC Champion Colin Turkington following a nasty impact at Oulton Park less than two weeks ago.
- The Team BMW driver has been working hard on his recovery and is keen to get back behind the wheel at one of his all time favourite circuits – Croft.
- Turkington’s team, run by Dick Bennett’s squad West Surrey Racing, have been grafting tirelessly to prepare the race car ready for action.
- On completion, this event will mark the half way stage of the 2022 season with Turkington currently sitting in 4th place in the driver standings.
- “We’re in a great position in the championship and ideally placed to bounce back this weekend,” claims the classy BMW driver.
- Catch all the action from qualifying LIVE online on Saturday and all the race day action LIVE on ITV4 from 11:30am.
- Scroll down to see who will have the most and least amount of hybrid deployment!
HEAR FROM COLIN
“I’m pleased to say I’m ready to return to the driving seat this weekend! It’s been a big push to get here and ideally we’d have more recovery time for my neck but I’m happy to confirm I’m ready.
Considering the force of the impact it’s inevitable I’m still tender and there’s no denying it might be physically tough this weekend, but I’m prepared for that and keen to continue my push for the championship. The show must go on and I’m fired up for that!
The outcome from race 3 at Oulton was certainly not in the plan and as challenging as it’s been, there’s also been a huge surge of passion to get back on track. This kind of impetus into a campaign is priceless! We’re in a great position in the standings and ideally placed to bounce back this weekend.
Croft is one of my all time favourite circuits and a real technical challenge for the driver. I have some amazing memories from here over the years and some fabulous results, 13 wins I’ve been told… there must be something in the Yorkshire water!”
9:30am Practice 1
12:05pm Practice 2
12:05pm Race 1
2:35pm Race 2
5:05pm Race 3
HYBRID DEPLOYMENT AT CROFT
WATCH LIVE ON ITV4
Catch all the action LIVE as it happens this weekend.
Watch qualifying from 3:15pm on Saturday – CLICK HERE!
Watch all the race day buildup and action LIVE on ITV4 from 11:30am.
COLIN’S CARBON MISSION
Colin is continuing his carbon removal project with Earthly and has so far removed 10.8 tonnes of CO2 this season. He is also planting 18 trees for every race start and 100 trees for every win.
Follow Colin’s EARTHLY progress by clicking here
The second half of the 2022 BTCC season gets underway at the end of July in Scotland and will finish up in October around the famous Brands Hatch GP circuit.
Knockhill – 30/31 July
Snetterton – 13/14 August
Thruxton – 27/28 August
Silverstone – 24/25 September
Brands Hatch GP – 8/9 October
For your chance to win competitions, get behind the scenes content and stay in the loop, keep the connection on social media over the Oulton Park race weekend.Back to news