THRUXTON QUALIFYING REPORT
TURKINGTON LEAVES IT LATE BUT STORMS TO P4
- Colin Turkington will start race 1 tomorrow from P4 following another superb performance in qualifying today at Thruxton.
- Thrusting his Team BMW 330e from P17 to P4 in one final attempt, Turkington secured a spot on the second row just behind team mate Jake Hill.
- The four time champion admitted it had been a difficult session for him but was pleased with his performance.
- Thruxton was bathing in warm conditions and sunny skies most of the day, but temperatures peaked for qualifying.
- Despite a few off’s at the high speed ‘Church’ corner, the 30 minute session ran trouble free without any red or yellow flag incidents.
- Catch all the action tomorrow LIVE on ITV4 from 11am.
Phew, that was quite a surprise if I’m being honest! I was expecting the time to be around a 1m16s but to have improved by nearly a second was a shock! I don’t know where the time came from, maybe a little bit everywhere, but I was off the road at least twice wringing the neck off it!
We struggled to get the car where I wanted it today, it’s been difficult. The end result is amazing of course, and I’m pleased with my performance but we have work to do tonight.
Thruxton is all about having a good chassis. You are able to unlock the speed with a well handling car. I don’t think hybrid will be a get-out-of-jail-free card like it can be elsewhere. You still need a car that is responding well, and we’ll be doing everything we can tonight to ensure my car is a much better version than it was today.
It’s been a strange day, but I’m chuffed to have pulled that out of the bag. Tomorrow is a new day and we have time to pick through our issues from today and plan our attack.
Colin will line up on the second row of the grid for the first of tomorrow’s three races after his 1m15:471s lap this afternoon. Team mates Jake Hill will line up in P2 and Stephen Jelley rounds up the to 10.
WATCH LIVE ON ITV4
Don’t miss a single bit of the action tomorrow, LIVE on ITV4 from 11am.
RACE 1 HYBRID
Colin will have 9 of the 16 lap race with 15 seconds of hybrid deployment available.Back to news