THIRD ROW IN SILVERSTONE SHOOTOUT
TURKINGTON ‘CHUFFED’ WITH P6 AND PACE IN TWO STAGE QUALIFYING
- Colin Turkington will start race 1 tomorrow at Silverstone from the third row of the grid.
- Securing his spot in the second session of qualifying, Turkington went on the seal 6th spot in the final classification.
- Silverstone remained dry and warm throughout with only one red flag disruption in the main session of the day.
- Turkington and Team BMW improved the car during every session showing strong pace when it mattered.
- Watch all the race day action LIVE on ITV4 from 11am.
I’m really chuffed with the result! I didn’t know what the expect coming here today, but I would have biten your hand off for P6! Steve and I worked together in Q1 and the car was feeling mega! I think the track was slower for everyone in the second session but P6 is great! Our pace improved as the day went on, and we made positive steps forward in every session. Based on our pace in qualifying at a circuit that doesn’t necessarily favour our cars, I’m feeling confident ahead of the races. The team have grafted hard all week and it was superb effort from everyone today.
WATCH LIVE TOMORROW
Catch all the action on ITV4 LIVE from 11amBack to news