RESTART YOUR ENGINES!
TURKINGTON “BUZZING ” AS THE BTCC RESUMES RACING AFTER SUMMER RECESS
KNOCKHILL – ROUNDS 16, 17, 18
- Colin Turkington will return to the driving seat this weekend when the second half of the 2022 BTCC season resumes following a 4-week summer recess.
- The home of Scottish motorsport – Knockhill – will host the return to racing with it’s all-action 2km circuit.
- Colin Turkington currently sits third in the championship standings just 12 points off the leader after his incredible performance at Croft in June.
- The Team BMW driver and team recently completed two productive test days at Snetterton circuit, with Turkington reporting a huge step forward in the condition of his neck.
- Sunday’s first two races are set to be aired LIVE on the main ITV channel bringing the BTCC into the homes of over a quarter of a million new fans.
- Catch all the action from qualifying LIVE online on Saturday and all the race day action LIVE on ITV from 12pm.
- Scroll down to see who will have the most and least amount of hybrid deployment!
Those four weeks from Croft have flown by, especially with the test at Snetterton, but it feels great to have had a little bit of rest. Between now and the end of August there’ll be three race weekends, so it’s important to kick off the second half with good spirit and a positive test session under our belt.
I’m happy to report my neck has taken a huge step forward and I honestly don’t see it being an issue from here onwards.
It’s been refreshing to focus on my preparation for Knockhill and not have a mountain to climb just to be fit enough to drive. I know the team feel the same, being ready for Croft was a big push for everyone.
Our two-day test at Snetterton was a positive outing, with stable but hot conditions, and what we learnt there will help us through this second half. With such limited track time at the events, you never get the time to test more radical setup changes. It was great to dedicate these two days for learning.
I’m buzzing to get the second half of the season underway and with some good fortune – the best is yet to come!
Knockhill is one of my favourite four circuits on the calendar. It’s non-stop from start to finish and provides plenty of opportunities to overtake. Hybrid deployment should make quite a difference out of the final hairpin and up the hill to the first corner, so we could see a bit more of a shake up in the races.
9:45am – Practice
12:15pm – Practice
3:30pm – Qualifying
12:08pm – Race 1
2:15pm – Race 2
5:10pm – Race 3
WATCH QUALIFYING LIVE ONLINE FROM 3:25PM – CLICK HERE
HEAD TO ITV ON SUNDAY FROM 12PM FOR RACEDAY ACTION
HYBRID FOR KNOCKHILL
Colin is third in the standings and so will have 3 seconds of hybrid deployment per lap in qualifying and 13 laps of full hybrid deployment for race 1.
READY TO RESUME!
The second half of the 2022 BTCC season gets underway this weekend and will finish up in October around the famous Brands Hatch GP circuit.
Knockhill – 30/31 July
Snetterton – 13/14 August
Thruxton – 27/28 August
Silverstone – 24/25 September
Brands Hatch GP – 8/9 October
Colin is continuing his carbon removal project with Earthly and has so far removed XX tonnes of CO2 this season. He is also planting 18 trees for every race start and 100 trees for every win.
Follow Colin’s EARTHLY progress by clicking here
STAY UP TO SPEED ON SOCIALS
Make sure to stay up to speed on social media with lots of behind the scenes content on Colin’s instagram, facebook and twitter.Back to news