CONSISTENCY IS KING
COLIN TURKINGTON STAYS AT THE SHARP END WITH TRIO OF TOP 6 RESULTS
Rounds 10, 11, 12
- Colin Turkington delivered a trio of top six results yesterday (Sunday 4th June) at a hot and fast Thruxton Circuit.
- Showing his classic consistent form, the Team BMW driver notched up 33 points with his 6th, 6th and 4th place finishes after securing a third row start in Saturday’s qualifying session.
- Turkington has yet to record a sensational weekend, but has cemented his place at the sharp end of the standings with continued form and determined drives.
- Thruxton provided a reasonably quiet set of races by BTCC standards, with the challenging high speed circuit making overtaking more difficult than others.
- It’s nearly half way through the 2023 BTCC season and in less than two weeks, all roads lead to Oulton Park for rounds 13, 14 and 15.
HEAR FROM COLIN
“It was a big push today to keep the points coming but by the 3rd race we’d made a step forward with the balance. Thruxton does challenges us and the nature of it makes moving forward difficult. This becomes more and more difficult the further down the pack you are, so two 6ths and a 4th is a decent trio of results. Producing a lap in qualifying was crucial because you could easily have found yourself stuck outside the points all day.
We weren’t pushing for wins but with what I had, I know I gave my best.
Some days it’s not about being extraordinary but just picking up points. And that’s a result.
We’re not out of this fight, and it will be good to get back on the different compounds and tyre strategies but we need to think about what we do now to find extra speed for Oulton and beyond.”
Race 1: P6
Race 2: P6
Race 3: P4
Championship position: 3rd