NEXT UP: CROFT
COLIN LOOKS AHEAD TO HIS FAVOURITE CIRCUIT
- The 2020 BTCC season continues this weekend (10th / 11th October) as the series heads to Croft in North Yorkshire, for the next event.
- Continuing behind closed doors, rounds 19, 20 and 21 will be broadcast LIVE on ITV4 this Sunday from 11:30am.
- Two thirds of the season have now been completed, with 3 events remaining.
- The defending champion is currently P2 in the driver standings, only 4 points shy of the lead, following his home victory at Silverstone last time out.
CATCH UP Q&A WITH COLIN
YOU MAKE NO SECRET THAT THIS IS YOUR FAVOURITE CIRCUIT, TELL US WHAT IT IS THAT YOU LIKE SO MUCH ABOUT CROFT?
There’s not one thing in particular. I like that the track is technical in the first and last sectors, and ultra fast in the middle. I find the circuit flows really well and you can get in such a great rhythm.
A hot lap around Croft just makes me smile, so that’s probably worth a few tenths in itself.
WILL IT BE ANY DIFFERENT HEADING THERE IN AUTUMN, NOT MIDSUMMER LIKE WE’RE USED TO?
I don’t think so. The circuit was resurfaced last year, and the grip was great; which is a good thing for us heading there now in October. The weather tends to be unpredictable, even in the summer! The clouds always begin to threaten just before race 3. It’s obviously going to be a lot cooler this time around, so that might actually make us quicker!
Put it like this, I’ll not be packing the paddling pool this year.
THERE ARE ONLY 3 EVENTS LEFT IN THIS 2020 SEASON, WHAT CHANGES (IF ANY) DO THE CONTENDERS FEEL IN THIS FINAL THIRD?
Nothing yet. Everyone is still pushing to achieve their own goals and targets. We are getting towards the business end, so the pressure and intensity starts to rise, but really it’s still one race at a time for me. It feels like we are near the end of the season, but only because it’s October and the season is usually over by now.
With 9 races to go, there’s still a lot of racing to be done!
FP1 – 9:30am
FP2 – 12:05pm
Qualifying – 2:55pm
Race 1 – 12:02pm
Race 2 – 2:29pm
Race 3 – 5:06pm
WATCH QUALIFYING LIVE ONLINE
- All the action LIVE online
- Saturday 2:55pm
- Click to watch
RACES LIVE ON ITV4
- All the race day action LIVE
- Sunday from 11:30am
- Full coverage on ITV4
Click here to view see Colin’s Silverstone weekend in pictures
Stay social throughout the Croft weekend to send your support and see some behind the scenes content and live videos.
WIN A ZOOM CALL FROM THE PADDOCK
Head to the TerraClean facebook page for your chance to win a race day Zoom call with Colin, LIVE from the Croft paddock. Entries close Thursday 8th October AM.Back to news