4TH ROW START FOR TURKINGTON
COLIN QUALIFIES P8 IN WET AND TRICKY CONDITIONS AROUND BRANDS HATCH INDY
- Championship leader Colin Turkington will start race 1 tomorrow from 8th on the grid following a tricky day at Brands Hatch.
- Although slightly off his usual pace in practice and qualifying, Turkington was pleased to secure P8 with 60kgs on a difficult day.
- Qualifying was riddled with red flags, as drivers struggled with the challenging wet conditions.
- The Team BMW car proved difficult to tame today, but Colin remains confident about unlocking performance ahead of tomorrows races.
- His qualifying result was good enough to secure the Goodyear Wing Foot award, presented to the Championship’s best qualifier of the 2020 season.
QUALIFYING RESULT: P8 – 55:381s + (0:431s)
Being in the top 10 with 60kgs is a positive start to the weekend, of course I would have liked to be a little bit further up, but this was far from a bad result!
We made a change just before that red flag and I really could’ve done with those final two minutes, but it wasn’t meant to be. We were just lacking a little bit of pace all day, trying to get the front axle switched on. This was the same for both BMW’s, so it wasn’t exclusively because of the weight.
We’ve found a few things in our debrief this afternoon, and I’m confident we’ll unlock the performance for tomorrow.
It’s important to finish the races fast, as well as start fast; the wet tyre has a very short window of performance, so we need to be mindful of that too.
I’m looking forward to the racing… the thrill of the chase is what i thrive on!
It’s important to enjoy the process and arrive fresh tomorrow too, so I’ll make sure I get some good food in tonight and hopefully a good night’s sleep.
Catch all the #SEASONFINALE action LIVE all day on ITV4 from 9:20am tomorrow.
Stay up to date on all behind the scenes content on Colin’s socials. Get involved and share your thoughts! #BTCC #TeamBMWBack to news